Established in 1983, the Council is an umbrella organization of power utilities and acts as a neutral platform for all entities of the Energy Industry. It serves as a medium to discuss the most pertinent issues affecting the Industry, with the aim of formulating solutions and offering suggestions to appropriate authorities in the best interest of the industry.
CPU was primarily formed to evolve solutions of the problems faced by power supply industry in the areas of eco-friendly power generation, transmission, distribution and utilization. In the course of evolution, the actual interaction has been extended to cover major manufacturers of power plants, equipment and suppliers, providers of the inputs such as coal, oil, gas, meter manufactures, engineering consultants, academicians, environmentalists, financial organizations etc.
Incorporated in 1982, the HKAEE is a non-profit-making body with the following mission, vision and objectives:
Work towards reliable supply, innovative development and effective utilization of energy to achieve sustainability in our community.
Serve the professional needs and interests of its members and the community, identify and support good practices, new technologies and industrial standards; promote research, organize and deliver education and training aimed at maintaining excellence in professional competence and performance in energy engineering and related subjects.
Accelerate institutional change such as:
- Development and provision of network services and focused to enhance participation and interaction of members to share information and improve understanding of energy policy and its sustainable practices
- Development and dissemination of user-friendly tools for replicating or improving good policy, regulatory and financing practices to facilitate members and the community in contributing to the advancement of energy engineering.
- Support and promotion of new and innovative approaches to catalyze the development of financing funds and facilities for energy projects.
- Build up a strong constituency of sustainable energy financiers and investors and provide a forum for them to share information on the needs of energy market.
The Independent Power Producers Forum (IPPF) is an international NGO composed of senior executives and decision-makers heading up firms with energy and power business commitments across Asia, Europe, Africa and the Americas.
We are an active catalyst for positive change with a unique “fraternal” organizational atmosphere. We cover all key areas and sectors relating to power generation: Gas, Coal, Bio-Mass, Hydro, Wind, Solar, Nuclear, Geo-Thermal, Legal, Finance, Insurance, Security, Equipment, Infrastructure, Alternatives, Renewable and Sustainable Technologies, etc.
The IPPF also leads the “New Energy” parade for Energy Efficiencies (EESCO’s), Pollution Prevention (P2/E2), GHG Trading, Energy Security, Waste-to-Energy, Standby Power, Smart Grid, Distribution / Transmission, Restructuring
The Malaysian Photovoltaic Industry Association (MPIA) is a non-profit organisation dedicated to photovoltaic energy. We provide a credible and representative platform for the entire photovoltaic (PV) industry in Malaysia.
- To reform and democratise the electricity supply industry (generation and distribution).
- To make solar PV price competitive, reliable, sustainable and one of mainstream sources of electricity supply in the country via innovations.
- To achieve the highest level of professionalism, knowledge and competency in solar PV industry.